On 12/11/2023 6:34 PM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2023/12/11 16:40, Lorenz (xha) wrote:
>> FYI hare only needs gas and not the complete binutils package. and gas
>> is just needed because the "as" in the base system is too old.
>>

> Will the version from devel/gas (2.31.1) also work? If so, you could do
> this to prefer binutils-* but use gas-* if already installed.

For some reason, I thought devel/gas was too old to have riscv64
support, but it seems I misremembered that.

It works fine for amd64, I will check on arm64 and riscv64.

I don't see a reason not to use devel/gas if we can and just forget
about devel/binutils. I wouldn't want people to install hare and then
try to install gcc only to have it fail for something easily fixed.

OK to replace devel/binutils with devel/gas and bump, assuming arm64 and
riscv64 check out?

~Brian