On 2023/12/27 13:15, Zé Loff wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 27, 2023 at 12:19:05PM +0000, Mikolaj Kucharski wrote:
> > - Does anyone has work in progress zigbee2mqtt port?

I looked at it once, got as far as copying Makefile.template and
realising that it uses node.js then stopped bothering.

It's possible to write ports for such software but it usually means
fetching with npm and creating and uploading a tarball somewhere, then
have the port fetch that tarball and extract/install to a sensible
location. Ideally the npm/tarball stage should be in a Makefile target
so it's easy for others to update it too.

> - change the ownership of /usr/local/opt/zigbee2mqtt/* to _zigbee2mqtt

It's a bad idea for the code to be writable by the uid running the
service. Better if only the only writable files/dirs are those where
data/logs/etc are stored.

> * Note that this suffers from the already described problem with node
> ports, in that it won't start automatically on boot, but it will start
> manually with "rcctl start".

Thanks to jca's knowledge of fiddly shell features, this should no
longer be a problem in -current.