On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 01:20:03AM +0100, Jason McIntyre wrote:
> gv is unable to open .ps man pages on my machine, when using the advice
> in DESCR. DESCR for gv says:
>
>       Ghostscript version >=7.00 includes an X11 display with
>       anti-aliasing. Set:
>         -sDISPLAY=x11 -dNOPLATFONTS -dTextAlphaBits=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4.
            ^^^^^^^

Hmm. This should at least read "DEVICE" instead of "DISPLAY",
although that doesn't fix the problem. Given that our current
ghostscript seems to be broken with the alphabits stuff (I did some
tests with plain gs here), I wonder wether it's a regression (after
the update to ghostscript 8.54 last year).

If anyone is still running OpenBSD 4.0 with matching gnu-ghostscript
(7.05) and gv packages, I'd really appreciate any test reports.  If
you've only gnu-ghostscript installed, give it a try, too, with the
-d{Text,Graphics}AlphaBits=4 options mentioned above (and the x11
device, of course).

Ciao,
        Kili