> On Feb 18, 2024, at 5:51 AM, Kirill A. Korinsky <kir...@korins.ky> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 07:57:25 +0100,
> Brian Callahan wrote:
>>
>> However, one of its dependencies is:
>> audio/solfege -> print/lilypond -> print/mftrace -> print/fontforge
>>
>> Font Forge is what has the Py2 dep. I suppose it makes the most sense to
>> update fontforge. Unfortunately, I don't have the bandwidth to do that
>> right now.

Indeed I should have mentioned it was not a direct dependency. Thanks for that.

I can put this one on the back burner for now until we decide what to do about
fontforge.

> I've tried FontForge not that long ago with hope that I can convert some used
> TTF fonts into bitmap fonts with huge DPI, but it crashes on start.

I did try to update fontforge to almost every version of fontforge released
since 2012 but it didn’t look like an easy one to update so I gave up so far.

> Thus, it hasn't been update for more than decade and update defently required.

Agree. An update by someone with an interest in fontforge could be very useful.