On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 07:50:04 +0200,
Timo Myyrä wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 19 2024, Kirill A. Korinsky wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:01:50 +0200,
> > Kirill A. Korinsky wrote:
> >>
> >> That can be addreses by enabling global cache which seems to be disabled.
> >>

> > Which also a bit tricky, because stumpwm is built with
> > ASDF_OUTPUT_TRANSLATIONS=/ that makes cache path like /stumpw-XXX that can't
> > be created from a user.
>
> Would it help if the make-image.lisp was patched to clear asdf
> configuration[0] by pushing (asdf:clear-configuration) to sb-ext:*save-hooks*?

I just tried to add into my init.lisp, at begining

  (asdf:clear-configuration)
  (asdf:clear-output-translations)
  (asdf:initialize-output-translations
  '(:output-translations
    :enable-user-cache
    :ignore-inherited-configuration))

and it fails as:

  Error: Can't create directory /stumpwm-23.11_writes_to_HOME
  [RETRY] Retry directory creation.
  [RETRY] Retry compiling #<CL-SOURCE-FILE "quicklisp" "package">.
  [ACCEPT] Continue, treating compiling #<CL-SOURCE-FILE "quicklisp" "package">
as having been successful.
  [RETRY] Retry ASDF operation.
  [CLEAR-CONFIGURATION-AND-RETRY] Retry ASDF operation after resetting the
configuration.
  [RETRY] Retry ASDF operation.
  [CLEAR-CONFIGURATION-AND-RETRY] Retry ASDF operation after resetting the
configuration.
  [RETRY] Retry EVAL of current toplevel form.
  [CONTINUE] Ignore error and continue loading file
"/home/catap/Projects/workspace/stumpwm-quicklisp/setup.lisp".

I keep dedicated instance of suicklisp to be run inside stumpwm.

So, seems that it isn't enough.

--
wbr, Kirill