On 2024/07/08 15:17, Landry Breuil wrote:
> Le Mon, Jul 08, 2024 at 11:43:25AM +0200, Manuel Giraud a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to make a patch to XScreenSaver to support bsdauth (hopefully
> > to have it upstream).
>
> you might want to have a look at
> https://github.com/openbsd/ports/blob/master/x11/xfce4/xfce4-screensaver/files/ask-pass.c
> &
> https://github.com/openbsd/ports/commit/3f12fe80e7ea1008e93764cf0418cba3e6f357a0
>
> iirc it comes from what used to be in gnome-screensaver.
>
> also
> https://github.com/openbsd/ports/blob/master/x11/slock/patches/patch-slock_c
> for slock
>
> i have to admit i was pretty sure xscreensaver already supported
> bsdauth..

No, only getpwnam_shadow. Currently libexec/xscreensaver/xscreensaver-auth
is installed setuid root; as things stand it doesn't seem to work properly
with setgid _shadow. (It would be nice to improve this as xscreensaver
seems much better at preventing keyboard input, i.e. passwords, from
reaching terminals than some of the other screen lockers).