I installed plasmatube without any other KDE applications just to test
it out and it will not launch without errors. I installed sonnet to see
if that solved it but the error is the same. I suspect something is
needed in WANTLIB or something like that but I'm not quite sure. Error
below. Will plasmatube not run independently of the rest of KDE?

Bryan

$ plasmatube
Detected locale "C" with character encoding "US-ASCII", which is not UTF-8.
Qt depends on a UTF-8 locale, and has switched to "C.UTF-8" instead.
If this causes problems, reconfigure your locale. See the locale(1) manual
for more information.
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/qt/qml/org/kde/plasmatube/ui/Main.qml:67:19: Type Sidebar unavailable
qrc:/qt/qml/org/kde/plasmatube/ui/components/Sidebar.qml:42:9: Type
QQC2.ToolBar unavailable
qrc:/qt/qml/org/kde/desktop/ToolBar.qml: Type GlobalSonnetSettings unavailable
qrc:/qt/qml/org/kde/desktop/private/GlobalSonnetSettings.qml:10:1: module
"org.kde.sonnet" is not installed