m...@tietoturvamies.fi wrote (2023-10-10 09:33 CEST):
> with the new VeraCrypt update there came a change that removes the TC
> Mode support:
> "Remove TrueCrypt Mode support. Version 1.25.9 can be used to mount or
> convert TrueCrypt volumes."
>
> As it's better and recommended to use OpenBSD tools for disk encryption,
> this port is often seen as being for purpose of backward
> compatibility (with VC volumes, but also with TC).
>
> I'd like to ask people who might be using this port - is it ok for you
> to throw away backward compatibility with TC and have newer VC or do you
> prefer keeping the port as is for the sake of backward compatibility
> with TC?

I think the fact that you got no answer in almost a year means you can
go ahead. VeryCrypt is not only there for backwards compatibility on
OpenBSD. Afaik, it's the only disk encryption software that can be used
across OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Windows, Linux, OSX, maybe others.

In my opinion: Yes, move on and follow upstream.

Best Regards,
Stefan