On 9/27/24 11:05 AM, Kirill A. Korinsky wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2024 14:43:21 +0200,
Chris Narkiewicz <he...@ezaquarii.com> wrote:
https://www.evilsocket.net/2024/09/26/Attacking-UNIX-systems-via-CUPS-Part-I/

Is the cups in ports vulnerable as well?
OpenBSD mises quite import pices of this attack: cups-browsed

Without it, it isn't so dramatic.

Cups is is ports/packages so it is not part of the base system, at all.

And we have cups-browsed in ports/packages and it is a run-depend of cups, so it does get installed whenever cups is installed. However, it is not enabled by default (you have to enable it with rcctl enable cups-browsed or by editing /etc/rc.conf.local), and I hope nobody is doing so.