On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 04:59:18PM +0200, Andreas Vögele wrote:

ugh, I already wondered, why I did not have to fix the plist
by hand this time ;)

> ./pkg/PLIST:bin/exim-4.66
> ./patches/patch-scripts_exim_install:+    version=exim-4.66
> I don't know why patch-scripts_exim_install was added by one of the
> former maintainers.  Without the patch the version number is set to
> 4.68-1 instead of 4.68.  The number that follows the dash is the local
> compilation number.

yeah, this should have been removed by me.

> Here's a patch that disables the special handling of the exim binary.
> With this patch $LOCALBASE/bin/exim will be the binary itself instead
> of a a symbolic link to the versioned binary.  A nice side effect is
> that you can run "make update-plist" without the need to fix the file
> mode of the exim binary in PLIST.
[...]

this is actually the right approach, I think. People call the symlink
anyways, so it does not even change expected behaviour.
thanks.

felix

--

bytemine  -  Entwicklungsmanufaktur fuer innovative Loesungen
Geschaeftsfuehrer:  Felix Kronlage   -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kommunikation gerne mit GPG/PGP: 0xD9AC74D0

http://www.byteshare.de/ - sicherer Austausch von Dokumenten!