> Hi!
>
> It doesn't package correctly if /usr/local/lib/tclx8.4/libtclx84.so.1.0
> is not in system. Missing WANTLIB in Makefile and redundant RUN_DEPENDS
> variables + it could be done without automake/autoconf.
>
> Maybe you could take a look on tclx port I submitted to ports@
> some time ago:
> http://secure.lv/~nikns/stuff/ports/tclx-8.4.tar
>
> I am interested in having tclx in tree too.

Hello Nikns !

Thanks for the points with WANTLIB and RUN_DEPENDS, but i cant agree
with your point about automake/autoconf.
I think that direct patching of generated configure scripts is an
extremely questionable thing, especially when you have access to
original *.ac/*.m4 files, and can patch source of the problem and
generate proper configure script. AFAIK openbsd ports intended for
package building and not for installing of software (well in most
cases), so i see no problem in usage of autoconf/automake stuff for
package building.
libtclx84.so.X.X  is not in the ldconfig cache, it is loaded when you
it is a shared library nonetheless. Should we or not track it with
SHARED_LIBS ? I am not sure, probably should. But i think somebody of
more experienced folks can correct/enlighten me.
I think we should merge efforts with tclx port,to get it into the tree :)
Regards Valery