On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:31:24PM +0100, frantisek holop wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i can't seem  to find a $(MAINTAINER) for herrie, so i am writing here.
>
> after upgrading to 4.2 and herrie 1.8.1, i can't make it play.

hmmm, it is working for me in -current (herrie-1.8.4), but there
have been quite a few changes to audio and libossaudio since 4.2.

just to be certain, it was working before, and is not now?  and the
_only_ change was upgrading (no hardware changes)?  I ask because it
took me a while to figure out how to make herrie start playback.
IMO, the description for what pressing 'x' does is confusing.

        x    When in XMMS mode, it starts the selected song.  In
             party mode, this song will always start playback of
             the first song in the list.

how does a song start playback of a song?  anyway ...

> amaaq> herrie -v
> herrie 1.8.1
>
> Global configuration file: /usr/local/etc/herrie.conf
> Audio output: oss
> Support for AudioScrobbler: yes
> Support for HTTP streams: yes
> Support for XSPF playlists (`spiff'): no
> Supported audio file formats:
> - Ogg Vorbis
> - MP3
> - libsndfile
>

> i thought there's no /usr/local/etc in openbsd.

yeah, that should be fixed.  and the manpage has %%CONFFILE%% instead
of the name of the configuration file.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]