On 2007/11/15 23:04, Soner Tari wrote:
> I've checked the other options like the one you are mentioning, but
> handling this in a separate shell script seems better to me (for example
> it's more readable and manageable in my opinion). Also note that I took
> postfix files as the basis for my p3scan-config. Therefore, if there is
> no harm, I'd like to keep p3scan-config.

This is the wrong way to go, the pkg_* tools can handle this, so
let them. @exec is useful for cases where you can't use the normal
mechanisms, it's available but it should almost never be necessary.
You don't see it used very much in our ports tree.

Postfix has to populate the chroot with files from the installed
system, and has its own mechanism to upgrade config files between
versions via /etc/postfix/post-install. This goes to make it a
bit of a special case... but even so, it does use the standard
@extra mechanism so that it doesn't break pkg_delete -c.