Steve Shockley wrote:

Why would you want to delete imapd.pem? Then your users have to install a new cert. I think current (3.x) versions of Thunderbird will refuse to connect.
Want ? probably not needed, but gets us going at following the instructions.
New cert is very much in order, since by default it lasts 12 months only. If I do it now, fine. If I don't, I have to dig up the whole lot over a short period. Here the version is still at 2.x (2.0.0.4), and it flawlessly took over even without shutting down. The users only had to (once again) accept the new cert.

Uwe