On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Deanna Phillips wrote:

Thanks for testing.  The tarball has been updated with a handful
of changes, including a patch from kurt@ to fix the shared
memory leak.

Anyone want to ok it?

http://freedaemon.com/~deanna/micropolis.tar.gz

Doesn't work at all for me. The menu starts but it
doesn't accept mouse nor keyboard. I'm using KDE on i386.

With the first tarball I could start the scenario but nearly all
buildings were hidden. It's probably because of the bpp
bug?

Trying to start from a command line doesn't work
either:

$ micropolis -s Detroit
Starting Micropolis in /usr/local/share/micropolis ...
Welcome to X11 Multi Player Micropolis version 4.0 by Will Wright, Don Hopkins.
Copyright (C) 2002 by Electronic Arts, Maxis. All rights reserved.
Adding a player on :0 ...
Cool, I found the shared memory extension!
Micropolis: error in TCL code: wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"
wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"
    while executing
"set win WindowLink $head.splash]"
    (procedure "WithdrawSplashOf" line 2)
    invoked from within
"WithdrawSplashOf $head"
    ("play" arm line 2)
    invoked from within
"case $State {
    uninitialized {
    }
    splash {
      WithdrawHeadOf $head
      ShowSplashOf $head
    }
    scenario {
      after 1000 "Withdr ..."
    (procedure "PrepHead" line 4)
    invoked from within
"PrepHead $head"
    ("then" clause line 4)
    invoked from within
"if {"$head" != ""} {
    set display [winfo screen $head]
    IncRefDisplay $display
    PrepHead $head
    UISetMessage "Added a player on X11 Displa ..."
    (procedure "AddPlayer" line 14)
    invoked from within
"AddPlayer $display"
    ("if" test line 1)
    invoked from within
"if {"[AddPlayer $display]" == ""} {
      echo Couldn't add a player on $display ...
    }"
    ("foreach" body line 2)
    invoked from within
"foreach display [sim Displays] {
    if {"[AddPlayer $display]" == ""} {
      echo Couldn't add a player on $display ...
    }
  }"
    (procedure "UIStartMicropolis" line 10)
    invoked from within
"UIStartMicropolis {/usr/local/share/micropolis} {/usr/local/share/micropolis/res/} {(null)}"

Oh well, at least sounds work when I get this error: "Sorry" :-D

Just a guess but I'm wondering about the 'WithdrawnState', could it have something to do with "[-S(ugar mode: enable OLPC Sugar user interface integration)]" ?

--
Antti Harri