On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 09:39:42AM -0300, Federico Schwindt wrote:
> > [..]
> > >
> > > we stated many times that for some ports you just need X installed.  So
> > > it is no problem.
> >
> > Yes, some ports. Some ports there is no option at all. In this case there
> > is an
> > option. So either the port uses multi packages or it uses a no_x11 FLAVOR.
> > The
> > no_x11 FLAVOR is the better choice.
>
> FWIW, I agree 100% with Brad.

If you look at the whole thread, having a flavor was the original
idea from the OP, so if more people consider it the best option,
we should have a look at it instead of trying to make this port
a multipackage.

Comments on the original diff ?
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=119456375313172&w=2
We take this as a starting point and add a no_x11 flavor ?

Landry