On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 07:35:30AM +0200, Antti Harri wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Jacob Meuser wrote:
>

> >DESCR:
> >K3b was created to be a feature-rich and easy to handle CD burning
> >application.  It can do many things, such as creating or copying audio,
> >data, video or mixed-mode CDs, CD ripping, and DVD ripping, burning and
> >blanking.
> >
> >please test.  if you have a DVD burner, please test this with the
> >dvd+rw-tools update I just sent.
>
> Both were built and installed fine on i386.
>
> >known problems:
> >- verification of burnt data (either broken or just takes forever)
> >- DVD ripping sometimes doesn't return (probably transcode bug;
> > I'll update it soon)
> >
> >I've copied data CDs, created new data CDs and DVDs and created
> >an audio CD from an old rip session.
>
> What's needed for mounting of discs to work? My Plextor was found
> correctly and the label was read correctly but mounting fails:
>
> K3b was unable to mount medium Foo (Complete Data
> DVD+RW) in device PLEXTOR - DVDR PX-708A

I don't expect mounting to work, because that requires root
privileges.  k3b _could_ use kdesu for such things.

or

set 'sysctl kern.usermount=1', 'chmod g+w /dev/cd0c', add yourself
to 'operator' group and hope k3b uses a directory you own as the
mountpoint.

> Is it trying to mount the raw device rcd0c?

could be.  I didn't look at mounting, but it might be nice if
it at least uses the right device.  I haven't seen a dialog to
specify the mountpoint either.

> - Making .iso from DVD worked
> - Overwriting the DVD with the same .iso seems to work,
>   I didn't verify, just mounted and ran find
>
> Looks very good, thanks!

thanks for testing.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]