2008/4/26 Marco Peereboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Huh?  The wishes are gpl; the patch is available so all gpl requirements
>  have been met.  Why in the world is this being debated?
>
>  If your logic was true all linux distributions would be breaking the
>  rules because everyone patches stuff.  How did you even come up with
>  this?

Have you read section 2 of the GPL lately?

I agree that for "normal" patches (security fixes etc.) this is not an
issue - but only because nobody cares. These patches still create
modified versions, but it's a gray area.

I argue that the anti-DRM patch is not a "normal" patch as stated
above but goes further and as such creates a modified version were you
must follow secion 2.

It boils down to: When is a modification large enough so that section
2 applies?

Best
   Martin