From: Deanna Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ports@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: NEW: tcltutor
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:07:06 -0400

"Stuart Cassoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> One less excuse not to learn Tcl!

That looks pretty handy.  A few suggestions:

- We no longer need quotes around COMMENT

No prob - I started with an old port and forgot about that.

- The docs should go in ${PREFIX}/share/doc/tcltutor

They're not exactly docs but the actual lessons for the tutor.
I'll put them in ${PREFIX}/share/doc/tcltutor unless there's an opinion otherwise.

Also, Where did the patch come from, and why do we need it?

The patch accomplishes the following:
- Changes 'exec wish' to 'exec wish8.5' so one does not have to type '$ wish8.5 /usr/local/bin/tcltutor" - The sourceHome and lessonHome are changed so that tcltutor does not have to be in the same directory as its lessons and support files. - The initial window geometry was enlarged since the some of the buttons were scrunched, perhaps due to the font problem. - The ability to record an 'activity log' and mail it to the author was disabled with prejudice.
- A bug in the color chooser dialog was fixed.

Why do the fonts look so awful?  I thought Tk 8.5 was supposed
to make everything look beautiful ;)

I think some of the font defaults have changed in 8.5 - this may uglify more than one program.

Once this port settles I'll inform the author of the relevant issues.

btw, you can always choose your fonts - tcltutor saves your settings. ;)

I'll post updates for the various Tcl stuff soon enough ... got some non-computer things to do today.

Stu