On 2008/05/02 01:47, Stuart Cassoff wrote:
> A happy porting story:
>
> When I was working on this port I asked the author about the license.
> He informed me that not only was he going to release a new version of
> TclTutor, he was also changing the license to a BSD-style license. I
> looked at the license ... it was OK, not great ... there was some
> government clause at the end that bothered me. I suggested, since he was
> already switching licenses, to switch to the ISC license. He agreed.

Ahh, nice :) In my experience I have had fairly good success when
I've suggested the ISC license to authors of code that didn't have
a license that allows redistribution. (I am careful not to push
it too hard, I usually just suggest it as a straightforward option
they may not have thought of). I have a feeling that it not being
called "BSD license" helps in some quarters.