On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 04:05:50PM +0800, David Schulz wrote:
> I decided i would like to spare some time and help testing Ports,
> as described here http://www.openbsd.org/porttest.html. There is
> says the Ports Tree is developed against -current. Is installing
> the Snapshot when it changes enough for me to start testing things
> in the Ports Tree, or do i need to first get a snapshot, and then
> update to really -current?

Usually a snapshot is fine, though there could (I guess) be some
cases where the ports tree depends on something in base that's not
available in a snap. Just use snaps. ;)

> When reading  documents describing how to follow -current, most
> places say that it is better/enough to just get a snapshot,
> because you cannot make sure that the -current thing will build,
> or things may have changed before you even finished your checkout,
> and so on.

-current usually builds. If it doesn't, we have a problem.

> I have a really bad connection to the Internet, and as such i must
> find the fastest way possible to stay -current enough to help with
> testing Ports.

Stick with snaps. Then (as it looks like you plan to do), start
sending in test reports for updates and submissions sent here. It's
always nice when more people step up to do testing.

Thanks!

--

| web:.......http://www.lfod.us/ | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |