Hi,

sorry to chime in late, but I've only come to see this thread after
updating the port, which was at 0.14, to 1.5. Or at least, I think
so...

Anyway, please grab my attempt here:

http://www.oeko.net/download/sw/bsd/bzr.tar.gz

and send me feedback.

Some notes:

* The port was prepared on a stock 4.3 system.
* It requires Python 2.5. This is sub-elegant - in theory, supporting
  2.4 and 2.5 as flavours would be the right thing, but I was lazy.
* In the process, I found that gdiff seems to be no longer required, so
  I removed the requirement.

* The Python port itself has "WANTLIB... expat". This is also
  sub-elegant since libexpat is now in base.

* Hopefully, Python 2.3 can be dropped in the near future.

Btw, the release frequency of bzr has increased quite a bit over the
last few months...

Thank you!

Kind regards,
--Toni++