Earin Gregor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> During my search for a console based mp3/ogg player I found mpg123. But it
> seems quite old. The last version bump in the ports tree is already some
> time ago. The same for mpg321.

The version of mpg123 in ports is very obsolete.  The current release
needs to be ported from scratch.  I've been meaning to do this, but
haven't gotten around to it.

There haven't been any upstream changes to mpg321 in years.

> Or is there some other console based music player which is overly prefered
> by the people here? I'm open for suggestions :-)

Depends on what audio formats you want to play.  As far as pure MP3
command line players are concerned, there is also madplay.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]