On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 01:46:14PM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 08:38:52PM -0400, James Turner wrote:
> > Attached are two new ports, one for webkit-gtk2 and the other midori.
> > Both were built and tested on amd64.  Webkit doesn't have a formal
> > release but the attached port is for the latest nightly dated today.
> > I've been using midori as my main browser for a couple weeks now.  Since
> > it is still in active/heavy development it does tend to segfault every
> > once and awhile.
> >
> > DESCR:
> > WebKit is an open source web browser engine.
> > Midori is a lightweight web browser that uses WebKit for it's rendering
> > engine.
> >

> Thanks for this submission, i'll take care of it, After a first look it
> needs some fixes/tweaks, will repost updated ports soon.

And here are updated ports :
- DESCR have been 'expanded' :)
- PLIST regenerated with @bin and @exec desktop-goo for midori
- patches/patch-WebKit_gtk_webkit_webkit_h was not needed as those two
  includes are installed and in PLIST
- we start numbering SHARED_LIBS at 0.0
- webkit can use libiconv and intltool MODULES
- make port-lib-depends-check is okay now
- CC and CXX are set in MAKE_FLAGS
- autogen.sh has been patched to only run auto* in post-patch target.
  This way we can use CONFIGURE_STYLE=gnu.
- patches/patch-JavaScriptCore_wtf_Threading_h is here to fix a weird
  usage of libstdc++-4.2, which was failing to link with libWebkit here,
and would require patching of the GNUmakefile.am to correctly generate
the .la file. using the fallback code for those functions looks safer to me.
- midori can use gettext MODULE
- lib-depends are cleaned and ok now for midori too
- run-depending on gnome icon theme is unneeded to me. here it picks
  defaults icons, whatever it finds (i have rodent/tango/gnome
installed).

Ports ppl, please _test_ it on various architectures, because there may be
differences (we already saw some build/plist differences between i386 and
amd64, and libstdc++-4.2 is not picked on amd64 apparently). make
port-lib-depends-check update-plist would be nice too on those archs.

Btw, this is a big beast, webkit takes 2 hours and a half to build on my
i386 2ghz laptop. It'd be nice to have alpha/macppc/sparc64 tests at
least, if we want to import it someday.

Other than that, running Programs/GtkLauncher in webkit wrksrc or using
midori, no problems so far here w/ google/gmail/openbsd sites, and it
feels smoother than ffx/gecko. And i'm pretty sure an epiphany update is
waiting for webkit to be imported too..

Landry