On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 02:56:36AM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:

> here's an update to a recent snapshot of ffmpeg.  there were lots of
> changes to the build system this time, the headers are now installed
> in different places, and of course many bugs were fixed and features
> added.  here's the relevant portion of the Changelog:
>
> - AVM2 (Flash 9) SWF muxer
> - QT variant of IMA ADPCM encoder
> - VFW grabber
> - Ipod/Iphone compatible mp4 muxer
> - Mimic decoder
> - MSN TCP Webcam stream demuxer
> - RL2 demuxer / decoder
> - IFF demuxer
> - 8SVX audio decoder
> - BFI demuxer
> - MAXIS EA XA (.xa) demuxer / decoder
> - BFI video decoder
> - OMA demuxer
>

> this is also the first time libswscale has been enabled.
>
> this needs a lot of testing.  I've been using it a bit on i386 and
> amd64.

I've gotten 0 reports so far.

you don't have to uninstall the old ffmpeg first.

testing isn't that hard either:

$ ffmpeg -formats

$ ffplay <just about any media>

$ ffmpeg -i <just about any video> ff.mpg

you could of course get fancier, but knowing that it builds and at least
basic usage works is much better than nothing.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]