Hello!

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 07:41:24PM -0500, L. V. Lammert wrote:
>[...]

>Yes, I DO get it,

Not completely.

>[...]

>As the maintainer explained some time ago, there has been a no-X11 version
>of GIT since April, so the question is, really, why that isn't the
>package. Good suggestion, I think you would agree.

The package has been *split*. There's, for example on my system,
git-1.5.6.1, which does *NOT* require X at all, git-svn-1.5.6.1 (does
*NOT* require X either), and git-x11-1.5.6.1 (which obviously *does*
require X, but you can omit its installation, of course). It's no
FLAVOR, so it's no question of default or not. Just choose to install
the git packages except for git-x11. Splitting packages into subpackages
is way preferred over flavors on OpenBSD, as far as I get it.

>[...]

Kind regards,

Hannah.