frantisek holop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> is anybody looking at this?
> http://dev.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/build-instructions-linux

I at least would wait for the Google guys to finish a port to some
Unix/X11 platform (Linux/i386, in other words).

If you have read the comic, you might remember that their JavaScript
engine compiles to native machine code.  Guess how many of our CPU
architectures will be supported?

"V8 [...] runs on Windows XP and Vista, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard),
 and Linux systems that use IA-32 or ARM processors."

Chromium is going to be more difficult to port than Mozilla.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]