On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 07:06:03PM +0300, Antti Harri wrote:
>> Also, you depend on -data for both server and client. Since the game
>> works with the official data files too, this may not be needed.
>
> What do you mean by "official" ? I still think that user shouldn't
> have to install the data separately so my opinion is to keep the dependency
> as it is.

The original Q3A pk3 files. I just found it annoying that having the
OA pk3 files around (in /usr/local/share/openarena) means that when
playing Q3A some of the textures are replaced with OA alternatives.
Maybe there's a workaround for this, haven't looked that far yet.

>> I'm in no position to fix that particular bug (although I'd love to
>> see it fixed too), but I'm happy to report that -server works on
>> sparc64 (as in, it runs and it plays a game with a couple of bots).
>
> What about client on sparc64? I assume it fails but I want to be sure.

Have not tried the sparc64 client as I don't have video out on my
Netra. I was merely considering it for a server. However, it turns out
that I'm an idiot - I was running the server on my i386 machine when I
thought I was logged into the sparc64. Upon closer inspection, sparc64
does *not* run the server. It loads fine, but when you try to start a
game, it receives signal 10 (SIGBUS, as far as I can tell) which I
think means that it does some unaligned memory access.

Still trying to get a server running properly...

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/