I lost my Sun machine to a lightening strike so can only test this port
on i386.  I'm looking for some help.

Varnish is a reverse caching http accelerator.  Version 2 is not
released yet.  I want to test this beta version more broadly and perhaps
get some more patches pushed upstream.  I have had it running for a week
now on i386 without any problems.

This one is a little tricky to build.  You'll need automake and autoconf
and obviously be running -current.

To build it:
1. unpack the tarball
2. make patch
3. cd w-varnish-2.0-beta1/varnish-2.0-beta1/
-here's the twist-
4. run autogen.sh
5. cd back the port dir and make install

If you are not comfortable with autoconf and automake, please don't
bother.

Email me with any success or failures, particularly on other platforms.

Port tarball: http://www.bonetruck.org/files/varnish-beta1.tgz

Thanks!
Jim