On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 05:41:09PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do multipackages always conflict? I have a port which i need to make 4
> multipackages out of, but if i do this they seem to conflict.

They only conflict on the default PKGNAME (I think).  You just have to
change the PKGNAME-subpackage to something that doesn't.

By default I believe that FULLPKGNAME-subpackage is PKGNAME-subpackage.

For example

$ make show=FULLPKGNAME
foo-4.1.3
$ make show=FULLPKGNAME-perl
foo-4.1.3-perl

and those will conflict

but, set
PKGNAME-perl=           p5-foo-${V}

and then you get
$ make show=FULLPKGNAME-perl
p5-foo-4.1.3

and that shouldn't conflict.

> Yes, I can use subpackages instead, but extracting this particular
> distfile takes a long long time.

Do you mean flavors instead?  AFAIK multipackages contain subpackages.

l8rZ,
--
andrew - ICQ# 253198 - Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BOFH excuse of the day: Someone was smoking in the computer room and
    set off the halon systems.