hello!

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:28:06PM +0200, Paul de Weerd wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Your port doesn't seem to package, apparently because the make fake
> step doesn't install the manpages.

thanks for having a look Paul, odd you had that problem. on my laptop,
(of course), it packaged fine, i also got a friend who also has i386 and
a newer snapshot than mine that was able to package and repackage.

i do however have an older compaq armada m700 unit with a snapshot from
about a week ago that had that same issue, it seemed like the ports frame-
work was deleting the manpages before they were packaged. since it worked on
my old snapshot and also my friends newer snapshot i figured that was just an
issue with that particular snapshot, maybe not however.

i'm currently installing a brand new snapshot on that older laptop to retest
and i'll look into that situation if it still occurs.

> The binary runs with the Shareware Doom 1.9 WAD file (I'll have to
> locate my original doom CD somehow to further test your port) on my
> amd64 VM. I would recommend you to refer users to this version (1.9)
> of the shareware data, as it is the latest version available from
> ftp.idsoftware.com.

i actually never checked to see if they had a 1.9 shareware wad that wasn't
in their 'ice' format (the old dos shareware required that deice utility
to create a self-extracting zip) and just followed suit from the prboom
DESCR that had the link to the 1.8 sharware iwad. i'll check that, thanks

> How about a RUN_DEPENDS on audio/timidity for ingame music ? It's not
> necessary per se, but it makes the Doom experience more complete, IMO.

forgot to add that to the DESCR, since you can add timidity after and it
will automatically use it; perhaps making a flavor that has the RUN_DEPENDS
would be good?

thanks again for the feedback! looking forward to submitting the several other
ports i'm working on now once i get this polished :)

-ryan