On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:21:47AM -0700, Ryan Freeman wrote:
> hello ports@,
>
> here is another doom engine ;) this one is again complete different goals
> this time from prboom and from chocolate-doom; it concentrates on nice
> eye-candy (thus requiring opengl). It is heavily modified from the original
> Doom source while you can play the game just fine and it 'feels' like doom,
> this one will look much different. You can also play Heretic or Hexen with it,
> a nice bonus, as we don't yet have any ports that will play the latter two
> games at all (i am tracking more 'vanilla' versions of those as well, not
> to worry for those of you without high-end graphics).

attached is an updated tarball for this port also including a pkg/MESSAGE
file similar to the one for my port of Chocolate Doom; it outlines how to
run the game and that if you install the audio/timidity port the Doomsday
Engine will automatically make use of it giving you game music. tested and
still builds fine on two different i386 installations, other feedback still
appreciated. regards,

-ryan