On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 03:12:55AM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:

> perhaps some of you have noticed a new sound library has come to
> base (sio_open(3)), and aucat(1) can act as a sound server.
>
> this makes SDL use the new library by default (if SDL_SUDIODRIVER is not
> set in the environment, or you can explicitly set SDL_AUDIODRIVER=libsndio).
>
> playing games is fun testing ;)
>
> if you use the aucat server, you may want to start it like
> $ aucat -b 16384 -l (or even -b 8192 if you have a "faster" machine)
> or you might have a longer than desired latency between seeing things
> happen and hearing the associated sound.
>
> some things are much better for me with this than the current audio(4),
> backend, such as quake2 on an azalia(4) that has limited sample rates.
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Works very well here, tested with Quake III/ioquake3 and Quake I/Darkplaces-
engine.
Especially under load (== higher graphical settings) longer sounds get
distorted, zooooooooooooooom becomes zooooockroooooockroooom. Is this
avoidable somehow?

Great work!

Alf

Btw., is there a recommended "bestest" audiocard for OpenBSD?
I have 2 Soundblaster Live here (they work ok):
emu0 at pci5 dev 0 function 0 "Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live" rev 0x08: apic
4 int 20 (irq 3)
audio0 at emu0
emu1 at pci5 dev 1 function 0 "Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live" rev 0x0a: apic
4 int 19 (irq 11)
audio1 at emu1