Jasper,

Thanks for your reply...

        > And my attempt to remove that old library:

        with what commad are you removing that old library? obviously
        not pkg_delete. that would solve the problem actually...

I was just attempting to rm the main one.  Reading through the the
pkg_delete man page, I cannot find a way to delete the glib2 package
without also deleting all of its dependencies.  If you know some
way to do this, I am all ears.

Nonetheless, shouldn't a ports update go through smoothly without
breaking?  This seems like a problem with the port assuming a clean
system.

        Aaron Hsu