On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2008/11/18 09:09, Jason Beaudoin wrote:
>>   FETCH_PACKAGES=yes
>
> this doesn't make much sense for a bulk build. you're building
> packages yourself, why would you want to use packages from,
> in all likelihood, 5+ days ago to fulfil dependencies? some of
> them won't even match the ports tree or your base OS libraries.

indeed, I understand that this was an option. though FETCH_PACKAGES
can be handy for some packages.

but either way, that error still doesn't make sense, given that things
are working on my laptop, I've got to be goofing something up.

>> export
>> PKG_PATH="/usr/ports/packages/i386/all/:ftp://ftp3.usa.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/i386/:ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/i386/";
>
> listing just one entry here usually makes things much simpler.
> but see above..
>
> for mk.conf, you may also want ACCEPT_GRAPHVIZ_LICENSE=Yes.
> also look into /usr/ports/infrastructure/build/dpb, it's the
> easiest way to do a bulk build (and, if you're running MP,
> makes better use of your CPUs).

thanks for the references. viq pointed me towards dpb earlier today, I
still need to read into how it functions. My only outstanding question
is if it accepts a list of packages to build, or simply builds
everything.

thanks for your help :)

regards,
~jason