Anton Yabchinskiy wrote:
Another port made as a dependency for net/tkabber. Maybe devel/tcllib
should explicitly depend on this to enable UDP support in it's dns and
ntp modules? Mr. Cassoff?

pkg/DESCR:
Ceptcl is a Tcl extension which provides a variety of new socket
types, and greater control over socket options. Ceptcl is backwards
compatible with existing Tcl socket based applications. The cep
command works exactly like the Tcl socket command; changing 'socket'
to 'cep' inside a Tcl program should be all that is required to
switch regular Tcl sockets to Ceptcl ceps. Ceptcl also adds many
more options to the fconfigure command for ceps. Broadcast, multicast
and a variety of socket options are supported.
Argh! Ceptcl keeps haunting me. (Ver 0.4 languishing)
I don't think tcllib depending on it is a good idea.
Tcllib should be Tcl-only ... although it will use stuff like
Tcludp, Ceptcl, Critcl, etc. if it finds them.