Hi,

On Monday, December 1, 2008 at 3:36:46 AM, Thomas Delaet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Why do you manually do the install (do-install) target in non-standard
> locations (for the icons), while the included install target does this
> perfectly?

Because author Texmaker has made desktop-file and icons for it
(texmaker16x16.png, texmaker22x22.png, texmaker32x32.png,
texmaker32x32.png, texmaker48x48.png, texmaker64x64.png,
texmaker128x128.png and texmaker.svg), but by default they are
installed in a folder/usr/local/share/texmaker and there is no
place are not used.

texmaker.desktop:
[Desktop Entry]
Categories=Office; Publishing; Qt; X-SuSE-Core-Office;
X-Mandriva-Office-Publishing; X-Misc;
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec=texmaker
GenericName=LaTeX Editor
GenericName [fr] =Editeur LaTeX
Comment=LaTeX development environment
Comment [fr] =Environnement de développement LaTeX
Icon=texmaker
^^^^^^^^^^
Therefore
texmaker16x16.png -> /usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/texmaker.png etc.

MimeType=text/x-tex;
Name=Texmaker
Name [fr] =Texmaker
StartupNotify=false
Terminal=false
Type=Application

I have considered what conveniently to have Texmaker in the System menu
right after installations as the author has already created all
necessary files.

Sorry, I badly write on English.

--
Best Regards,