On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> how is "too big" defined?  is the above abbreviated CUPS message too
> big to add to the default pkg_info output?

At one point I was told that too big = >15 lines.

> how about a standard directory for README.OpenBSD files?
> ${PREFIX}/share/README.OpenBSD/port-x.y ?  and then move the majority
> of this stuff there?  I think this would make such files much easier
> to find.

This is interesting idea actually.

> of course, I'm responsible for some of these MESSAGE files.  I really
> do see the "noise" during install/upgrade as a problem, as people
> (including myself) probably don't always read it, even though
> ignoring it can lead to problems ...

If pkg tools could be changed so that the spam from running @exec
command in PLIST could be removed, it would already be an improvement. I
understand the purpose of these warnings but I think the tools are now
mature enough to remove the warnings and only enable them when -v is
used for e.g.

--
Antoine