Marc Espie <es...@nerim.net> writes:

> Heck, when you're trying out stuff, it's already fucking hard enough to
> set up apache and get self-signed certificates. And yep, fuck jesus !
> I know what I'm doing, if I really want to connect to https://localhost,
> once firefox has told me the certificate is self-signed and that it can't
> resolve the hostname through RDNS, I JUST WANT IT TO GET OUT OF MY FACE SO
> THAT I CAN TEST STUFF !

Good rant. I believe this is the proof that noone tests their web shit
before it gets rolled out. At work we had so much pain with the certificate
stuff in FF3 that we added shitpiles of makefile magic to recycle old
certificates for our test environment (that is bootstrapped from scratch
every time, yes it's https://localhost).

//art