On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 10:41:54AM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:

> request lines are open.  what ports do y'all want sndio backends
> for?
>
> iirc, ajacoutot said something about libcanberra, and the ports
> listed here: http://jakemsr.trancell.org/libsndio.html in the
> works.
>
> what else?

I'd like to see an sndio backend for ekiga.

Currently, I can only use it with OSS, without aucat running.
It has esd support but if I try to use that for multiplexing
(with esd running over aucat or standalone), there's no sound
going in nor out of ekiga. Something seems to be broken there.
So it's either listen to music, or be able to get phone calls,
but not both.

An update to the latest version (3.0.1) would also be nice.
Since I want this, I'd be willing to spend time on that.

ajacoutot@ is the maintainer, so I put him in Cc.

Stefan