On Sun, 28 Dec 2008, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:

> > > It will prevent you from having a borked pkg install.
> >
> > I don't think that would be possible anyway since the subpackages have
> > an explicit dependency on the -main package, and that is where the
> > files have moved to.
>
> You need to make the new -main package conflicts with the old
> subpackages.
>
> e.g. something like the following in lang/python/2.5/pkg/PLIST-main:
> @conflict python-bz2-<=2.5.2p7

Ok, but I think it should be:

@conflict python-bz2->2.5,<=2.5.2p7
@conflict python-expat->2.5,<=2.5.2p7
@conflict python-sqlite->2.5,<=2.5.2p7

Otherwise it would mess up the ability to install more than one python
version simultaneously.

Is there any nice way to say that a package (e.g. python-2.6.1) replaces
another package entirely (e.g. python-bz2-2.6)?

-d