On Monday 05 January 2009 16:02:27 Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Here is a long overdue update of audio/sox.
>
> There were a number of choices to make and some people are bound to
> disagree with some of them.  Briefly:
> * I have dropped the snprintf() patches after failing to get them
>   accepted upstream.
> * Don't modularize the format converters.
> * Drop flavors and just add most external libraries sox supports.
>   I've drawn the line somewhat arbitrarily at codec collections
>   like ffmpeg that are badly integrated into sox.
>
> This update does not include a sndio backend.  I would like to
> provide one, but I'd prefer that to go in separately, plus I don't
> want to delay the update any longer.

Personally I think that libao would be a better option over the Sun backend
for the short term until a sndio backend is added to SOX, which buys you
sndio support for now. It is a fairly small library with no external
dependencies. With the other dependencies, which I think are fine and a good
balance, I don't see this as adding much and it goes away when the sndio
backend is added.

I haven't tested what you have posted here yet but looking it over it looks
good otherwise.

believed to be clean.