Hi,

I'm in the process of creating a port for perlbal from Danga, and
noticed that the self-tests don't all run to completion. This is
partially due to not having IO::AIO. So I thought, why not create a
port for IO::AIO, too, but while creating the port's mechanics was
quite easy, it looks like this module is not yet compatible with *BSDs,
due to threading issues. Anyway, when I run the selftest suite on
IO::AIO, the test run simply locks up on the second test.

I'm not enough of a C guru, or at least not enough at leisure atm, to
dig into this problem, and would greatly appreciate help!

Attached you find the preliminary port.

TIA!

Kind regards,
--Toni++