Simon Bertrang wrote:
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 06:39:58AM -0800, James Wright wrote:
Are there plans for updating of Moose to 0.61 before the ports tree lock? It does depend on updated Class::MOP and Sub::Exporter. I have updates for these and a bunch of lightly tested (only on i386) Moose extensions, i.e. MooseX::POE MooseX::Iterator MooseX::SimpleConfig Moose::Policy MooseX::Getopt MooseX::Storage and MooseX::Params::Validate which I'll post if noone else is working on anything Moose-y.

Well, the latest point where i would push the diffs i have is when
Catalyst 5.8 is ready.  As i'm testing it from time to time i currently
have the following updates to offer:
 - p5-Sub-Exporter -> 0.982
 - p5-Class-MOP -> 0.75
 - p5-Moose -> 0.64

I'm running with them for a while now on amd64 and tested all dependent
ports without any issues.  I think it's possible to commit them soonish,
given i get some feedback (other arches anyone?).

Three birds, one stone... but you need to throw it from ports/devel :-)

Kind regards,
Simon

I can only offer results on i386, doesn't cause any regressions in my local ports or the applications I've written using them. Probably worth noting is that between 0.58 and 0.64, the make_immutable keyword went from deprecated to removed (__PACKAGE__->meta->make_immutable is now the way to call it) p5-Mouse also works.