Hi,

On Fri, 06.02.2009 at 12:21:06 +0100, Toni Mueller <openbsd-po...@oeko.net>
wrote:
> I have openldap-server-2.3.43, as shipped with OpenBSD 4.4/i386, under

I have this package also running on 4.4/amd64, and it hung on an
attempt to add an entry. I needed to use kill -9 in order to restart
it.

I've then run it under ktrace, and found a large number of "bad file
descriptor (errno 9)" and "resource unavailable (errno 35)" entries,
but couldn't so far find the root of these problems. Adding a new class
to /etc/login.conf with much increased limits (esp. file descriptors)
along the lines suggested for mysql-server seems to help, currently.

I could send a modified ktrace.out file (ie, sans passwords etc) to
interested parties.

--
Kind regards,
--Toni++