On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:22:16AM +0100, Pierre Riteau wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Stefan Sperling <s...@stsp.name> wrote:
> > Attached is a very quick-and-easy drive-by port of mktorrent.
>
> A port of this program was already submitted by Dmitri Alenichev:
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=123292286529064&w=2

Ah, thanks. I'll look at that submission, too.

> This one installs documentation files but I don't know if this is
> really needed: they only contain the license and the changelog.

Hmmm. Only the licence...

This is probably an FAQ, but I was actually wondering what to do
about the following condition in the licence:

    * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
      documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

Since the port creates a binary package, shouldn't the binary package
include the LICENSE file as per this condition?  Common practice seems to
be to omit licence files from packages. Do we leave it up to users to check
the upstream distribution for the licence of a binary package before they
redistribute the binary package?

(I am hoping for a straightforward answer here and not some can-of-worms
discussion...)

Stefan