On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 02:28:34PM +0200, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> > Add audio/gsm to LIB_DEPENDS, to let sox always pull in the installed
> > libgsm instead of building its own version.
>
> The problem is that the sox package will then not be installable by ftp
> anymore as audio/gsm has PERMIT_* = No

Hmm. If audio/gsm has PERMIT_*_FTP = No, how can audio/sox, which
*includes* libgsm, have PERMIT_PACKAGE_* = Yes?

Something alreay is broken with the license markers. I'll try to
contact the authors of libgsm and ask them wether they can just
change the license.

BTW: there's an actual homepage for libgsm, and a newer version, too
(well, still rather old...):

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jutta/toast.html
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jutta/gsm/gsm-1.0.12.tar.gz

No idea wether it's worth an update.