Hi!

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:39:40AM -0400, Brynet wrote:
>I attempted such an update to 0.10.1.. but unfortunately it crashes..
>trashing the stack.. I've contacted Todd Fries and he's seen this
>behaviour as well in an earlier snapshot release.

>The mysterious sparc64 object is related to the BSD userland emulation
>target, I couldn't quite figure that one out.. so I just added
>--disable-bsd-user to the CONFIGURE_ARGS.

>Also, I'm attaching a patch that allows you to compile the PPC
>targets.. back ported from SVN.

>Todd's suggestion was go back and manually test each revision to find
>the commit that broke things, unfortunately that's quite a
>undertaking.

git has an svn interface and git-bisect. Helped me more than once for
identifying commits that broke the company internal stuff (which is
officially done in svn too). git-bisect at least automatizes the binary
search for the commit, you have to call make and test the stuff manually
still. Unless you have a shell script to make and test and exit 0 for
good builds and exit != 0 for bad builds, then you can git-bisect using
that script to discriminate between good and bad revisions.

Kind regards,

Hannah.