On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 03:15:55PM +0200, Colin Didier wrote:
> On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 02:42:32AM -0700, Ryan Freeman wrote:
> > hello ports@
> >
> > attached is an updated port from my original 'random svn checkout'
> > port, thankfully they finally released a new complete version, 1.36.
> >
> > builds and runs/plays great here on i386.
>
> The port needs the patch
> /usr/ports/games/openarena/patches/patch-code_qcommon_vm_interpreted_c
> to work on amd64.
>
> But I think the games won't work on every platform so you should
> restrict it with the variable ONLY_FOR_ARCHS.
>
> And the sound is still stuttering (just like in openarena, warsow, ...).
> So it is very unenjoyable to play it with the sound on, even using
> aucat -l. FYI I use an azalia sound card (but I have the same issue with
> an USB sound card) on -current amd64.

sound stutters here sdl straight to sndlib however using the aucat -l
audio server the sound cleans up quite well, though there is still some
intermittant clicks, few and far between thankfully.

recent dmesg here if you want to gander at my hw

http://openbsd.basic.io/dmesg/insomniac.thinkpad-t41p.dmesg.160409

regards,

-ryan