Nick Templeton wrote:
> Sounds like you're trying to mix current ports with a stable base:
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html#PkgFAQ

Actually, Nik, I have a 4 day old install of the latest release, 4.5, and I
haven't yet rebuilt it.  Unless I misunderstand your release setup, this means
I'm NOT running stable, right?

OK, I looked over that URL.  Looks like I was in error anyhow ...  I can't look
at the ports checkout until I reboot out of this (can't yet send/receive mail on
the new system yet, so I don't yet know if ports has a release tag, or if maybe
I have to build a current system to get things to work.  For the record, I'm NOT
actually seeing any "all kinds of crazy errors", just that one port won't build.